BEng Mechanical Engineering / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- Formal applications for entry to all undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS
This course gives you an excellent grounding in the knowledge and experience of the most fundamental of all engineering disciplines, preparing you for a variety of careers in engineering, technology, business and management.
Years 1 and 2 are common with those of the MEng course in Mechanical Engineering, therefore subject to satisfactory performance, it is possible for students to transfer from the BEng course to the MEng course at the end of year 2.
Your final year emphasises individual work - students undertake a major investigative project, which may include undertaking scientific experiments and investigations as well as researching into the topic to produce a detailed project report.
Find out more about this course by clicking on the tabs above, or learn more about Mechanical Engineering at Manchester .
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.