MEng Civil Engineering (Enterprise) / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- Formal applications for entry to all undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS
This is a four year course leading to a Master of Engineering qualification (MEng) in Civil Engineering. This degree is particularly suitable for those with an interest in engineering management and leadership. During the first two years the course is broad-based and covers topics such as structural, fluid and soil mechanics, engineering design, and maths; as wells as including courses taught by the Business School that aim to prepare you for the business world. In your final year you have considerable flexibility to steer your degree towards your interests by taking option subjects such as fire safety engineering or earthquake engineering. It will equip you to enter the civil or structural engineering professions, and, after obtaining experience of practice become a Chartered Engineer.
For more information on the course, the teaching style and the people you will work, with visit our School Civil Engineering pages.
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.