MEng Civil Engineering with Industrial Experience / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 5 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- All applications for entry onto our undergraduate courses are made online through UCAS , you should include details of your qualifications and your personal statement. A teacher or tutor will then provide a reference and details of any predicted grades.
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
This is a five year course leading to a Master of Engineering qualification (MEng) in Civil Engineering. During the first two years the course is broad-based and covers topics such as structural, fluid and soil mechanics, engineering design, and maths; as well as emerging subjects crucial to the future of society such as climate change; resource usage and management; and intelligent and futureproof infrastructure. The third year of the degree is spent working in industry gaining experience of practice. After returning to the university in your final year you have considerable flexibility to steer your degree towards your interests by taking option subjects such as fire safety engineering or earthquake engineering. This degree will equip you to enter the civil or structural engineering professions, and, after obtaining experience of practice become a Chartered Engineer.
For more information on the course, the teaching style and the people you will work, with visit our School Civil Engineering pages.
Our Open Days give you the opportunity to come onto campus to look around, find out more about our courses and our school, as well as meet some of our academic staff and current students.
The next University Open Days will take place in June 2017. Please visit the main University website for further information and to register online.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9,250 per annum. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £21,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.