MEng Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Experience / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 5 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- Formal applications for entry to all undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS
This course gives you an excellent grounding in the knowledge and experience of the most fundamental of all engineering disciplines, preparing you for a variety of careers in engineering, technology, business and management.
Students find it highly beneficial, both to your university education and to your subsequent employability, to integrate a substantial period in industry within your degree. This course offers you the chance to complete a placement year in industry, which would normally be completed after the first two years of the Mechanical Engineering degree course, ie your third year. However, a small number of students have opted to organise their industrial experience placement during their fourth year, before the final MEng year.
Find out more about this course by clicking on the tabs above, or learn more about Mechanical Engineering at Manchester
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.