MEng Mechanical Engineering / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- All applications for entry onto our undergraduate courses are made online through UCAS , you should include details of your qualifications and your personal statement. A teacher or tutor will then provide a reference and details of any predicted grades.
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
This course aims to produce graduates that are highly valued by employers. Students are given an excellent grounding in the knowledge and experience of the most fundamental of all engineering disciplines, preparing you for a variety of careers in engineering, technology, business and management.
We use a variety of teaching styles that reflect the diversity of topics covered in modern mechanical engineering, and the range of skills and expertise that a professional engineer must develop.
Find out more about this course by clicking on the tabs above, or learn more about Mechanical Engineering at Manchester
Our Open Days give you the opportunity to come onto campus to look around, find out more about our courses and our school, as well as meet some of our academic staff and current students.
The next University Open Days will take place in June 2017. Please visit the main University website for further information and to register online.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9,250, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £21,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.