MEng Mechanical Engineering with Management / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- All applications for entry onto our undergraduate courses are made online through UCAS , you should include details of your qualifications and your personal statement. A teacher or tutor will then provide a reference and details of any predicted grades.
Engineering is not just about technology. It is about people, companies, manufacturing and commerce. Engineering decisions must normally be made within a commercial context and engineers are often found in senior management positions where they are required to be leaders and strategic planners, as well as problem-solvers and designers.
Combining engineering with management produces a lively, interesting and multidisciplinary degree, with excellent career prospects for graduates. Students emerge from this degree as a well-rounded graduate with not only a solid engineering training, but also a useful insight into the commercial world. This will equip you for a wide range of careers, including general management and sales, as well as jobs in more technical fields.
Find out more about this course by browsing the tabs above, or learn more about Mechanical Engineering at Manchester
Our Open Days give you the opportunity to come onto campus to look around, find out more about our courses and our school, as well as meet some of our academic staff and current students.
The next University Open Days will take place on Saturday 1 October 2016 and Saturday 8 October 2016. Please visit the main University website for further information and to register online.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9,250, subject to government regulations on fee increases.. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £21,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.