MEng Mechanical Engineering with Management / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points overall with 6 in Maths at higher level, 6 in Physics at higher level and 5 in English at standard level
- Number of places/applicants
- For 2015 entry, the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering received 3,560 undergraduate applications and 370 students registered on our courses (Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering) in September.
- How to apply
- Formal applications for entry to all undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS
Engineering is not just about technology. It is about people, companies, manufacturing and commerce. Engineering decisions must normally be made within a commercial context and engineers are often found in senior management positions where they are required to be leaders and strategic planners, as well as problem-solvers and designers.
Combining engineering with management produces a lively, interesting and multidisciplinary degree, with excellent career prospects for graduates. Students emerge from this degree as a well-rounded graduate with not only a solid engineering training, but also a useful insight into the commercial world. This will equip you for a wide range of careers, including general management and sales, as well as jobs in more technical fields.
Find out more about this course by browsing the tabs above, or learn more about Mechanical Engineering at Manchester
Fees for entry in 2017 have not yet been set. For entry in 2016 the tuition fees were £9,000 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2017 entry.
- Academic department
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Contact name
- Undergraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 9210
- Academic department overview
See: About Us .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.