BA English Literature and American Studies / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB to include Grade A in Eng Literature (or Lang&Lit; not Eng Lang alone).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32 points overall (core points accepted), including 7 points in English Literature at Higher level
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- 92% of students on our BA English Literature and American Studies are satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2016)
- You are interested in the history, politics and popular culture of the United States
- You want access to unparalleled library resources
- You want to benefit from the heritage and expertise we have developed as the UK's oldest American Studies programme
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9,250 per annum. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £17,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Contact name
- Sian Moseley
- (00 44) (0)161 275 3107
- (00 44) (0)161 275 3098
- Academic department overview
See: About us
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.