BASS Philosophy & Criminology / Overview
Year of entry: 2017
- Degree awarded
- BA (Hons)
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32 points overall. 6,5,5 at Higher Level. No lower than 5 in English and Mathematics.
- Number of places/applicants
- In 2015 there were approximately 880 applications for 131 places on the BA Social Sciences course.
- How to apply
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Are you are interested in debating difficult and delicate issues, ethics and morals?
- Do you want to combine the study of the causes and consequences of crime with an understanding of philosophical debates about the nature of knowledge, truth and values?
- Are you interested in engaging, 'real-world' research?
- Would you like the chance to study abroad for a semester?
- Take the right course units and you can apply for a paid summer internship through Manchester's Q-Step programme.
- Find out more and register for an Open Day
If you are made an offer we will email you an invitation to visit us late January, February or early March. These afternoons are organised by the School of Social Sciences and include a tour, a talk, refreshments and a chance to talk to students, lecturers and recruitment staff.
If you are visiting Manchester and would like to visit our admissions office please make an appointment in advance. (Call +44 (0)161 275 4470/1473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9,250 per annum. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £17,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.