BA Ancient History / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades ABB, not including Gen Studs. A-level subjects will normally include at least one essay-based subject (ie. where at least 60% of the assessed material is essay work).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33 points overall (core points accepted). 6,5,5 at Higher Level. See A-levels for subject requirements.
- Number of places/applicants
Approx 65 places / 430 applicants
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- 97% of students on our BA Ancient History are satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2016)
- You are fascinated by the historical worlds of the Greeks and Romans
- You are interested in studying a specialist course alongside your main area of study
- You are seeking an interesting career and want to stand out from other graduates
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Contact name
- Katie Cowey
- +44 (0)161 306 1252
- +44 (0)161 275 3098
- Academic department overview
See: About us
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.