BA Ancient History / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33 points overall (core points accepted). 6,5,5 at Higher Level. See A-levels for subject requirements.
- Number of places/applicants
Approx 65 places / 430 applicants
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Explore Greek and Roman history in one of the largest and liveliest centres for the study of the classical world in the UK.
- Enjoy access to the unique collections of the John Rylands Library and Manchester Museum, among other world-class Manchester institutions.
- Have the option to take either Greek or Latin (or both) at any level, including beginner.
- Learn from experts in a diverse range of fields, from ancient medicine to epigraphy.
- Study at a top ten UK university for arts and humanities (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Contact name
- Katie Cowey
- +44 (0)161 306 1252
- +44 (0)161 275 3098
- Academic department overview
See: About us
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.