BA English Literature and a Modern Language (German) / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Delve into more than 1,000 years of literature and culture, from medieval romance to the postcolonial and postmodern.
- Perfect your expertise in the German language, and its sociocultural and political developments in relation to cinema, and spend your third year studying or working abroad in a German-speaking country.
- Explore a wide range of cultural assets in Manchester, a UNESCO City of Literature.
- Study at a university ranked 5th in the UK for Modern Languages (QS World University Rankings 2018).
On this day, you will find out more about the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures and our resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Find out more about open days on the School website .
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- English Literature, American Studies and Creative Writing
- German Studies
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.