BA History and Sociology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades ABB (not inc Gen Studs) to include Grade A in History or Sociology.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33 points overall (core points accepted), including grades 655 in three Higher level subjects, one of which must be either History or Sociology.
- Number of places/applicants
- Approx 25 / 100
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- You are interested in past and present societies and want to study humanity from historical and sociological perspectives
- You want training in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- You are looking to learn from passionate and committed teachers at the cutting edge of their subjects
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.