BDS Dentistry (pre-dental entry) / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 6 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAA (in non-science subjects)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
36 points overall:
- 6,6,6 in the Higher Level subjects
- 5,5,5 in the Standard Level subjects
- one science subject only permitted
- 1 core point.
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Spend an additional year preparing for the five-year BDS course if you do not have the appropriate science qualifications for direct entry.
- Study at a university ranked 4th in the UK for dentistry, according to the QS World University Rankings 2017.
- Have the option to study for an intercalated BDS degree , where you interrupt the course for a year to achieve a BSc award in a related subject.
Attending an open day is a great way to find out what studying at Manchester is like. Find out about our upcoming open days .
For general information, please see the undergraduate finance pages.
When on the clinics you will need to wear a tunic - which cost approximately £25 each - as well as black trousers or skirt and black leather duty shoes that are close fitting around the toes and heels.
There will be travel costs when attending community clinics in the Greater Manchester area from Year 4. There is no discounted parking on campus for students if you have a car.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.