BSc Biomedical Sciences with a Modern Language / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- BSc (Hons)
- 48 Months. [Full-Time]
- Typical A-level offer
AAA-ABB (including specific subjects)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37-32 points overall with 6,6,6 to 6,5,5 at Higher Level including two sciences, normally Biology and Chemistry.
For degrees with French, German, Spanish or Italian, 5 or 6 points in the language must be achieved at Higher Level. For degrees with Mandarin or Japanese, 5 points is required in a foreign language at Standard Level.
- Number of places/applicants
650/4500 (Overall data for biological and biomedical sciences undergraduate courses at Manchester)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- 95% of our Biomedical Sciences students said they were completely satisfied with their course (National Student Survey (NSS) 2018).
- Improve your employability by learning a language while you study biomedical sciences.
- Use your language skills in the world of work on a year-long research placement overseas.
- Study at a university that is 6th for the biological sciences and 5th for modern languages in the UK, according to the QS World University Rankings 2017.
- Apply for membership of the Royal Society of Biology at Member (MRSB) level after just two years of practice instead of three thanks to our Advanced Accreditation status.
We also operate campus tours where a student ambassador will tell you all about life at the University. You may also meet with admissions staff, subject to staff availability. These tours run on most days and are open to anybody thinking of applying for any of our courses in the biological and biomedical sciences.
To book, please contact the Admissions Office on tel +44 (0)161 275 5032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £22,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
For the modern language placement, modest grants from the European Union are usually available that provide assistance with the cost of travel. In Japan, competitive scholarships are usually available.
The standard tuition fee for the language placement year is £1,350.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
- Chinese Studies
- East Asian Studies
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.