UGCert Egyptology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 36 months FT, 45 months PT
- How to apply
You should apply for this course using our online application form. A link to the form and guidance on how to complete it can be found on the Egyptology Online website . The deadline for applications is 30 June 2018 .
"The Certificate in Egyptology course at Manchester provided me with a unique opportunity to fulfil my lifelong dream to study Egyptology.
"Following the course, I continued with my chosen area of research and have since published articles and conference papers."Emmet Jackson / Past student
- Gain a general knowledge of the history and civilisation of ancient Egypt from circa 3100 BCE to the Arab Conquest.
- Find out how to use source materials in libraries and museum collections and translate simple hieroglyphic texts.
- Learn from internationally recognised scholar Dr Joyce Tyldesley , who leads the course.
- All course content is delivered online, so you can study from anywhere in the world.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £2,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £2,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.