BA English Literature and American Studies / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAB, including Grade A in English Literature, or English Language & Literature (ie. not English Language alone).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall (core points accepted), with 665 at Higher Level, to include 6 in English Literature.
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- 92% of students on our BA English Literature and American Studies are satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2016)
- You are interested in the history, politics and popular culture of the United States
- You want access to unparalleled library resources
- You want to benefit from the heritage and expertise we have developed as the UK's oldest American Studies programme
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Contact name
- Sian Moseley
- (00 44) (0)161 275 3107
- (00 44) (0)161 275 3098
- Academic department overview
See: About us
- English Literature
- American Studies (3 years)
- History and American Studies
- American Studies (4 years)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.