BA English Literature with Creative Writing / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAA plus creative writing portfolio. See 'Application and Selection' for details.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points overall (core points accepted), including 666 at Higher level, one of which must be English Literature.
- Number of places/applicants
- 15 / 150
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Explore more than 1,000 years of literature and culture, from medieval romance to the postcolonial and postmodern.
- Develop creative writing skills in fiction and poetry through workshops led by some of the most adventurous poets, novelists, and science-fiction writers currently in the UK.
- Enjoy Manchester Literature Festival and delve into the cultural assets of a UNESCO City of Literature.
- Explore creative writing (fiction and poetry), English Studies, English Literature, American, Irish and post-colonial literatures, cultural theory and film.
- Study at a university ranked in the UK top 10 for English language and literature (QS World University Rankings 2018).
On this day, you will find out more about the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures and our resources, and meet members of academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
Find out more about open days on the School website .
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- English Literature
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Portuguese)
- American Studies (3 years)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (French)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (German)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Italian)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Russian)
- English Literature and a Modern Language (Spanish)
- Latin and English Literature
- Drama and English Literature
- History and American Studies
- English Literature and American Studies
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.