MEng Materials Science and Engineering / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Master of Engineering with Hon
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
Grades AAA including two from Maths, Physics or Chemistry
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points to include 6,6,6, at Higher level to include 2 from Maths, Physics and Chemistry
- Number of places/applicants
- 650 applications for 100 places across all first year Materials Science and Engineering courses (2017 entry)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- Europe's largest and most diverse university actively devoted to materials
- A 6-month research project, gives you in-depth experience of using cutting edge research facilities and the option to take a half-year placement in industry
- All MEng courses are accredited by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3), leading to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £22,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Entrance Awards are available for students achieving A Level grades to A*A*A* (or equivalent)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by HEFCE
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). HEFCE ensures we are accountable for the public funding we receive and oversees the quality of our education provision. To find out more about the regulator's role, visit the HEFCE website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.