Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Menu Share this content
Menu Search the University of Manchester siteSearch
Search type

Alternatively, use our A–Z index

MSpchLangTher Speech and Language Therapy at The University of Manchester
MSpchLangTher Speech and Language Therapy
Train as a speech and language therapist before preparing for a career in research with our integrated master's.

MSpchLangTher Speech and Language Therapy / Overview

Year of entry: 2018

Degree awarded
4 years
Typical A-level offer


Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
Data Code not configured
Typical International Baccalaureate offer

We require 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.

Full entry requirements

How to apply
Apply through UCAS .

Course overview

  • Pave the way for a career in research by undertaking our new integrated master's as part of your degree.
  • Register with the Health and Care Professions Council after graduation.
  • Learn from users of speech and language therapy services via our Service User Group .
  • Join our Speech and Language Therapy Society and get involved with student-driven social responsibility initiatives.
  • Get help with your studies from award-winning peer mentors.

Open days

Attending an open day is a great way to find out what studying at Manchester is like. Find out about our upcoming open days .


Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £22,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.

Please note that future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Undergraduate tuition fees will apply for the fourth year of the integrated master's.

From 1 August 2017, new nursing, midwifery and allied health students will no longer receive NHS funding or bursaries. Instead, you will have access to the same student loans system as other students.

If this is your second tuition fee loan for an undergraduate course:

It is not usually possible for students who already have loans from a first degree to access student loans for a second degree at the same or lower qualification level (this is called the Equivalent or Lower Qualification (ELQ) rule). However, the government is currently in talks to make certain allied health courses exempt to the ELQ rule. At present, they intend that students studying nursing, midwifery and the allied health subjects (such as speech and language therapy) as a second degree will also be able to get student loans, but this has not yet been finalised.

See more information about changes to NHS bursaries on the government's website .

International students:

Fees for laboratory, science and engineering-based degrees are to be confirmed for 2018. See more information about international fees .

Additional expenses

You will complete three block clinical placements during the course. You will be expected to pay upfront travel costs and then apply to get these reimbursed.

Contact details

Academic department
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
+44 (0)161 306 7601
Academic department overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health

Courses in related subject areas

Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.

Compare this course

Regulated by the Office for Students

The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.

You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.