BA Film Studies and East Asian Studies / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours
- 33 months
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall (core points accepted), including three Higher level subjects at 665. One of these three subjects should be an essay-based subject such as English Literature, History or Politics.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Expand your experience of film through course units and screenings that focus on both classical and contemporary films, and mainstream and non-mainstream cinema.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of East Asian cultures, histories, societies, economics and politics.
- Take an interdisciplinary approach to the study of East Asia with a course that can be tailored to your needs, including the option to study Chinese, Korean or Japanese.
- Benefit from our close links with the Confucius Institute, which fosters interaction between Manchester's large community of Chinese native speakers, our University students, and representatives of the wider Chinese-speaking world.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.