English Literature and a Modern Language (Portuguese) (4 Years) [BA]
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB-ABB incl. English Lit (grade A) and a modern foreign language
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33 - 36 points overall
Higher Level requirements - 7,6,6 - 7,6,5 including:
- English Lit (7)
- Modern foreign language
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS.
BA (Hons) English Literature and a Modern Language (Portuguese)
- Gives students the opportunity to experience teaching from across 2 broad areas of the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures bringing together expertise across a wide range of Subject Areas.
- This four-year course will take students on a broadly chronological journey of English Literature from the Anglo Saxon period through to the present day. Alongside this, students will undertake a core language course and cultural content courses in their chosen language of study.
- Students will study either European or Brazilian Portuguese throughout the course alongside a range of cultural modules in areas such as contemporary culture, colonialism, literature and cinema from Brazil, Mozambique and Portugal.
- Students will develop a strong grounding in Portuguese language and develop a sophisticated understanding of topics affecting Portuguese-speaking populations across the world.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2013 will be approximately £9,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £13,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate fees pages.
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Academic department overview
See: About us
Telephone: +44 (0)161 275 3211
Facsimile: +44 (0)161 275 3031