German and Linguistics (4 Years) [BA]
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Degree awarded
- 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB-BBB incl. a modern foreign language
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
31 - 36 points overall
Higher Level requirements - 6,6,5 - 5,5,5 including a modern foreign language
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS.
BA (Hons) German and Linguistics
- Studies in German will give students the opportunity to study German literature, culture, history and linguistics. Students will develop a solid grounding in German language, proficient enough in German to live and work effectively in a German-speaking environment.
- Core German language courses at all levels of study are complemented by a variety of other subject areas, and by a period spent in a German-speaking country. We have specialists in an unusually wide range of German-related subjects, so that you can focus on subjects that really appeal to students in their final year of study.
- We have expertise in, as well as course units devoted to, a wide range of languages and language families including the Romance languages, the Germanic languages, languages of the near east (e.g. Arabic and Hebrew), Iranian languages, the indigenous languages of Australia, Central and South America (e.g. Mexico, Nicaragua and Peru), languages of South Asia (e.g. Nepal, India and Tibet), and Romani.
- In addition we have a number of courses covering the history and present-day state of the English language.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2013 will be approximately £9,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £13,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate fees pages.
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Academic department overview
See: About us
Telephone: +44 (0)161 275 3211
Facsimile: +44 (0)161 275 3031