Spanish and Screen Studies (4 Years) [BA]
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Degree awarded
- BA (Hons)
- 4 Years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB-ABB incl. Spanish grade A
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33 - 36 points overall
Higher Level requirements
- Spanish 6
- 2 further subjects 6,5 or 5,5
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS.
BA (Hons) Spanish and Screen Studies
Provides Students with a thorough grounding in history of film and film theory as well as television and emerging screen technologies and its application to questions of style and form. The course will also give Students a thorough grounding in the language and culture of the Spanish speaking world.
Screen studies will be studied by application to a mix of mainstream and avant-garde film drawn from Europe, Latin America and Hollywood. Alongside this will be the study of your other subject.
- The style and form of the film material forms an important aspect of these core studies.
- Students take a compulsory course in World Cinema which is designed to develop your study skills.
- Gives students a thorough grounding in the language and culture of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Immerses students in Spanish language and Hispanic culture. It also provides in-depth knowledge on Latin America and the opportunity to learn Catalan.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2013 will be approximately £9,000 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £13,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate fees pages.
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Academic department overview
See: About us
Contact name: School of Languages, Linguistics and Cultures
Telephone: +44 (0) 161 275 3211
Facsimile: +44 (0) 161 275 3031