The Disability Support Office coordinates support for students with additional support needs arising from a medical condition, disability or a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia. Staff in the office aim to provide a friendly, relaxed service, and are happy to deal with any enquiries from students or parents. They carry out a wide range of activities to ensure that all students’ support needs are met, including:
- A full assessment of disabled students' academic and IT requirements;
- Assisting with applications for the Disabled Student Allowance (DSA);
- Liaising with other members of University staff in academic areas and central services;
- Organising support workers;
- Running a study skills room containing a range of specialist equipment;
- Delivering disability training to staff and students.
Staff from the Disability Support Office are on hand at open days to discuss support needs with prospective students. Alternatively, applicants can make arrangements to meet and talk with them independently. For more information visit: