The Manchester Gateway Programme for Y7 to Y11 learners
The University of Manchester Gateway Programme provides a new opportunity for Year 7 to 11 learners within Greater Manchester to participate in a coherent series of academic enrichment and higher education (HE) awareness activities.
The Gateways Programme is for learners who want to:
- Find out more about life at University;
- Explore the range of degree courses available;
- Develop a range of skills that will aid success at GCSE and beyond.
Watch our Gateways video to get an idea of what you can expect:
The video content on this page requires the Flash Player plug-in, available from the Adobe website:
The Manchester Gateway Programme is targeted at talented learners from the local region who have the ability to progress into HE and are from backgrounds that are currently under-represented.
The Gateway Programme aims to:
- Raise awareness of HE teaching, studying and living environments;
- Broaden learners' horizons with regards to HE and the range of HE institutions;
- Raise awareness of the variety of subject disciplines available in HE;
- Introduce learners to real students to build up a true vision of what student life is like;
- Develop skills in team-working, independent enquiry, self-management, reflective learning, effective participation and creative thinking;
- Provide information and advice to enable informed decision-making about GCSE and post-16 choices;
- Provide up-to-date careers information and show the value attached to degrees by employers.
For more information please visit the Gateways website.