Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council Innovation Placements and Innovation Fellowship Fund
The University is pleased to announce that we've been awarded £120,000 from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) to deliver the BBSRC Innovation Fellowship Fund (IFF), running from January 2019 to February 2021.
The fund is aimed at doctoral scholars who have submitted/about to submit their thesis, postdoctoral researchers and early career industrialists. The fund aims to support the mobility of early career researchers and industrialist researchers to new environments, including both between sectors and between countries. Successful proposals will bring together talented people with different skills to foster partnerships to translate research outcomes in economic outputs. Projects will:
- Develop and showcase academic talent to identify opportunities for career development and recruitment into industry and vice versa;
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas between academic and industry partners;
- Encourage the translation of our bioscience research base;
- Support the creation of new products, processes or services;
- Provide access to external expertise to enrich existing research programmes;
- Consolidate and extend existing relationships.
Funding (up to £30,000) will be provided to support the exchange of people, skills and knowledge from the University to industry partners, and vice versa in subject areas that align with BBSRC research themes, including:
- Agriculture & food security
- Bioscience for Health
- Industrial biotechnology & bioenergy
- New ways of working
- Frontier bioscience
- International activities
Innovation Fellowships will be on a part-time or full-time basis and will last for up to six months. The maximum value of award will be £30,000.
This call for proposals is now open with a closing deadline of Sunday, 31 March 2019 at midnight.
If you have a project that you think may be suitable, please email us for more information.
Find out more
For more information about how the BBSRC Innovation Fellowship Fund can help ECRs engage in industrial placements and enhance research expertise, please contact Teresa Chilton:
Research Strategy Coordinator
Tel: +44 (0)161 306 5075