Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council Innovation Fellowship Fund
The University is pleased to announce that we've been awarded £120,000 from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) to deliver the BBSRC Innovation Fellowship Fund (IFF), running from 1 April 2018 to 28 Feb 2019.
The fund aims to support the mobility of early career researchers and industrialist researchers to new environments, including both between sectors and between countries. Successful proposals will bring together talented people with different skills to foster partnerships to translate research outcomes in economic outputs. Projects will:
- Showcase academic talent to identify opportunities for career development and recruitment into industry, and vice versa;
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas between academic and industry partners;
- Encourage the translation of our bioscience research base;
- Support the creation of new products, processes or services;
- Provide access to external expertise to enrich existing research programmes;
- Consolidate and extend existing relationships.
Funding will be provided to support the exchange of people, skills and knowledge from the University to industry partners, and vice versa. Innovation Fellowships will be on a part-time or full-time basis.
The call for proposals opens in December 2017, with a closing deadline of 1 March 2018 at noon.
If you have a project that you think may be suitable, please email us for more information.
We can help you make your application, and you can download our guidance notes below:
Find out more
For more information about how the BBSRC Innovation Fellowship Fund can help industrial partners to access our biomedical research expertise, please contact Naomi in the Business Engagement Team:
Business Engagement Officer
Tel: +44 (0)161 306 0554