Our expert resources aim to develop key academic skills such as effective research, presentation skills, referencing and essay writing.
They are an excellent way to help students prepare for university-level study.
- Our partner, The Brilliant Club has online video presentations on a range of academic skills including essay writing, referencing. The resources are suitable for 10-14 year olds.
- You can access My Learning Essentials, an award-winning programme designed to improve academic skills.
- We have lots of useful advice about extended project writing, with tips on advanced academic writing to help prepare your students for university study.
- Our Library has resources for academic and research skills aimed at post-16 learners.
- The Essential Skills for Online Learning is a resource developed by the University Library to help students develop skills to get the most out of being an online learner.
Why study? talk series
Our PhD students have recorded talks on their specific subjects of interest which provide up-to-date information, advice and guidance to your students.
Our Young Person's University
Take advantage of our student challenges, designed both for self-study and for use in the classroom.