Changes to Library spaces and services due to new government guidance
Service availability at The University of Manchester Library has changed in response to the new government guidance on COVID-19.
Students on campus can book study spaces at the following Library sites and study spaces via the Library website.
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Main Library (9am-midnight, Monday to Friday; 10am-midnight, Saturday and Sunday)
- Stopford Library (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Joule Library (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Kantorowich Library (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Oddfellows Hall (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday; postgraduates only
The following Library sites and study spaces will remain closed until further notice:
- The John Rylands Library
- Main Library Special Collections Reading Room
- Lenagan Library
- Art and Archaeology Library
- Braddick Library
Click and collect
You can use the Click and collect service to access physical resources from some Library sites.
Special Collections can now only be accessed digitally.
How to get help and support
To find out how to access Library services and support, visit our Service availability page.
For more information from the University, visit: