Chemistry postgraduate research conference celebrates PhDs
The 3rd Annual Chemistry Postgraduate Research Conference, held on June 14 and 15, celebrated a fantastic mix of top-quality science presented by 67 final year and 57 2nd year PhD students.
Presentation topics ranged from synthetic methods and supramolecular chemistry, to nanoparticles and functional materials and to cutting edge spectroscopy and computational biophysics.
Prizes for the best oral presentations were awarded to:
- Organic section: Kay Yeung, Charlotte Morrill, Adrian Härtsch, Stephen Fielden
- Inorganic and materials sections: Harry Godfrey, Georgina Hatton, John Seed, Gemma Smith
- AMP and CAT sections: Alina Theisen, Guilherme Dalpoggetto
- CBBC section: Emily Sparkes, Jonathan Wilkes
Prizes for the best poster presentations were awarded to:
- Organic section: Mindaugas Siauciulis, Richard Stevenson
- Inorganic and materials sections: James Durrant, Marcus Giansiracusa, Jiangnan Li, Robyn Worsley
- AMP and CAT sections: Emily Kempa, Pakapol Kulapichitr
- CBBC section: Lucy Green, Rebecca Crawshaw
The organising committee would like to extend their thanks to the Chemistry Support Team, sponsors, judges, session chairs and all the attendees, and would like to pass on their congratulations to the prize winners.