Deadline extended: Making a Difference Awards
Due to popular demand, the deadline for entries for The University of Manchester Making a Difference Awards has been extended.
The new closing date is midnight on 24 January 2021. It is hoped the extension will help anyone struggling to meet the deadline due to the current challenging times.
The Making a Difference Awards provides the opportunity for staff, students, alumni and external partners to highlight the great work that goes on at The University and the huge difference they are making to the lives of others.
The Awards are open to all staff, students, alumni and external partners at The University. Individuals or teams can submit an entry for themselves, or be nominated by a third party. The Awards aim to celebrate, raise awareness and provide valuable recognition of how individuals and teams across The University are making a difference to the social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and wider society.
The award categories include the following:
- Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Outstanding teaching innovation in social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to social innovation and environmental impact through enterprise
- Outstanding public and community engagement initiative
- Outstanding contribution to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding Professional Services for social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability
- Outstanding contribution to widening participation
- Volunteer of the Year Award
Further information, award criteria and the entry form can be found on the social responsibility website.