Digital Society: Your Place in a Networked World
Sign up now for this exciting Semester 2 UCIL course unit
Develop your digital communications skills and explore the online world with Digital Society, the UCIL course unit run by the Library. Studying entirely online, you’ll explore the relationship between digital technology, society, and you, from the connectedness of our lives and the machines around us, to how we communicate with each other.
Digital Society includes exciting topics like:
- The Internet: How have key developments in the history of the internet made us more connected to information, and each other?
- Digital Engagement: How does 'digital' impact on our engagement with each other, organisations, and our environment?
- The individual, identity and ethics: As individuals, how are we governed in a digital society?
- The Internet of Things: What is it and what does it mean for you?
- Critically analysing information: Online criticality, critical analysis and how to develop your own critical voice.
- Reflecting on Digital Society and skills for your future: How do changing skills and digital society affect your future employability?
Digital Society runs in Semester 2 and is worth 10 credits. The course start date is 30 January 2023, and registration is open until 13 February 2023.
To find out more and to sign up, visit the UCIL website.
You can also read more about the course topics and delivery on the Digital Society Medium pages