FSE to celebrate Class of 2020 with virtual winter celebrations
A series of virtual winter graduation celebrations will be held to recognise the hard work and achievements of the Faculty of Science and Engineering's (FSE) Postgraduate Class of 2020.
The online events will take place throughout the week commencing Monday, 14 December as part of wider celebrations across The University of Manchester. They will provide an opportunity for both staff and students to mark winter graduation after physical ceremonies were postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
FSE graduation celebrations will be spread over the week, with events held for mathematics; mechanical, aerospace and civil engineering (MACE) - technical; MACE - management of projects; physics and astronomy; electrical and electronic engineering; international fashion retailing; materials science and engineering; chemical engineering and analytical science; earth and environmental sciences; computer science; and chemistry.
The move online means students will be able to celebrate regardless of where they are currently situated. It shows that while they may not be in the city at the moment, Manchester is behind its graduates as they take their next steps out into the world.
Each subject area will celebrate in its own unique way - either via YouTube or Zoom. Dates and times - and links to those on YouTube - are provided below:
School of Engineering
- Chemical engineering and analytical science - Wednesday, 16 December, 11.30am
- Computer science - Wednesday, 16 December, 9am
- Electrical and electronic engineering - Thursday, 17 December, 11.30am
- Mechanical, aerospace and civil engineering - Technical - Friday, 18 December, 12pm
- Mechanical, aerospace and civil engineering - Management of Projects - Friday, 18 December, 10am
School of Natural Sciences
- Chemistry - Thursday, 17 December, 11am (link available soon)
- Earth and environmental sciences - Monday, 14 December, 10am (link available soon)
- Materials: International fashion retailing - Wednesday, 16 December, 2pm (link available soon)
- Materials science and engineering - Tuesday, 15 December, 2pm (link available soon)
- Mathematics - Wednesday, 16 December, 10am (link available after the event)
- Physics and astronomy - Tuesday, 15 December, 11am (link available after the event)
A huge congratulations to all of our FSE graduates, and the best of luck for the future!