Maths student awarded newly launched RBS Scholarship
New this year, The University of Manchester and RBS were excited to launch the RBS Women in Statistics Scholarship at the University. Recognising that females are traditionally under-represented in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) studies and the related professions, this Scholarship will allow a student who has shown outstanding academic achievement to develop their career within the technology and finance sectors.
The Scholarship comprises of an annual stipend of £3,000 to provide practical help towards living costs and study materials. Additionally, the Scholarship holder will be offered networking opportunities within the company that will help:
- secure hands-on work experience
- access advice and support of mentors
- develop valuable transferable skills
- boost employability
The award was made primarily on the basis of academic merit but consideration was also given to Jestin's passion and potential to:
- explore the latest innovations in technology and banking
- use the power of data and technology to make a real difference for our people and our customers
- take advantage of the opportunities available at RBS.
RBS has headquarters in Edinburgh and serves over 19 million customers. It aims to generate a diverse workforce in order to meet it's customers' needs and build the bank of the future.
You can find out more about RBS and their graduate and intern programmes at jobs.rbs.com