The Open Research Fellowship Programme at The University of Manchester
Introducing our Newly Appointed Fellows
The Office for Open Research is excited to announce our 7 newly appointed fellows as part of the Open Research Fellowship Programme at The University of Manchester.
What Is the Open Research Fellowship Programme? This initiative seeks to champion open and reproducible research practices, contributing to a more diverse and inclusive community at The University of Manchester. The programme offers financial support, covering salary costs for one day a week for up to 12 months, allowing fellows to focus on open research projects.
Objectives and Benefits: The Fellowship Programme aims to cultivate a new generation of open research leaders at the university. Fellows become part of a network of advocates, promoting open research within their departments and fostering a community of practice. They also contribute to the development of high-quality training and provide expert input to the Open Research Skills Training Programme.
Introducing the 2023/2024 Open Research Fellows and their projects:
- Alex Henderson: Developing the FAIRSpectra initiative, strengthening the FAIR publication of data relating to chemical analysis, and enabling improved data sharing.
- Saskia Lawson-Tovey: Investigating Research Data Management (RDM) and FAIR principles within one of the largest health data research groups at the university.
- Anne Cotton: Creating an online guide for using new open-source software to analyse DNA sequence data processing of the microbiome.
- Luis Ospina-Forero: Evaluating Figshare and GitHub integration for research data at the university.
- Hawys Williams and Samantha Franklin: Enhancing Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPIE) practices at the university through implementation and assessment of the existing Charter Mark.
- Joanne Pennock: Enabling plain English summaries for health research grants and theses.
For further information, please visit the Office for Open Research website, where we will be posting updates as work progresses.
If you have any questions or are interested in applying for the next cohort of fellows, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.