Phased reopening of Library buildings
Reopening our Library buildings to deliver in-person services safely.
As lockdown restrictions ease, we’re working hard to safely reopen our Library sites so you can access our physical collections and study spaces again. We will be conducting a phased reopening. The pilot phase will begin on Monday, 27 July 2020, when we will begin to provide limited in-person services.
Once we are confident these in-person services can be delivered safely and effectively we will look to increase their scope in our next phase. Timing for our next phase depends on many factors, so we’re not currently able to confirm specific dates. We appreciate your patience and will keep you informed as our operations progress. Keep checking our Service Availability page for the latest updates.
From 27 July 2020, you will be able to:
- borrow books held in Main Library through our Click and Collect service,
- return Library books to Main Library,
- book a socially distanced study space at the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons, and
- access our Special Collections.
These services have been adapted to ensure safety, so be sure to read the full details on our Service Availability webpage before using them.
Health and safety rules
While inside one of our Library buildings, you must:
- wear a face covering, although this does not apply to those with medical conditions who are not able to wear face coverings.
- maintain a 2-metre distance from people not in your support bubble.