Professor Chris Todd joins expert panel discussion on falls prevention in Greater Manchester
Professor Todd will appear at 'Falls Prevention in Greater Manchester – Delivering Integration and Reconditioning' event alongside other experts and senior leaders.
Falls prevention is a priority in Greater Manchester and there is much to be proud of in terms of our joint efforts and commitment to improving the lives of our residents.
MICRA are pleased to share details of an event which will share the latest thinking, developments and activities which have been happening across a range of stakeholders and localities throughout 2021, with a view to deliver an Ageing Well integrated approach to falls prevention and reconditioning in 2022 and beyond.
This event has been driven by a collaborative partnership that includes senior leaders and colleagues based in the Healthy Ageing Research Group (University of Manchester), GreaterSport, Greater Manchester Ageing Hub, GM Health and Social Care Partnership (including the Frailty Care Reference Group and Adult Social Care Transformation), GM Local Authorities and the voluntary and community sector.
The event purposes are to:
- Offer a brief overview and update on the wider impacts of Covid-19
- Share a new GM Falls Prevention report to guide integrated falls prevention and reconditioning planning
- Provide an ‘Ageing Well’ strategic overview of a system level commissioning framework and the Enhanced Health at Home programme
- Provide the opportunity for audience questions and feedback
- Suzanne Hilton - CEO of Age UK Bolton and Chair of the GM Age UK’s.
- Warren Heppolette - Executive Lead, Strategy & System Development, Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership.
- Oliver Rashbrook-Cooper - Office for Health Improvement and Disparities.
- Professor Martin Vernon - Consultant Geriatrician & Clinical Advisor London & Greater Manchester, Chair Strategic Clinical Network (SCN) Frailty Care Reference Group.
- Hayley Lever - Chief Executive Officer (GreaterSport) and GM Moving Exec Lead.
- Paul McGarry - Greater Manchester Ageing Hub, Greater Manchester Combined Authority.
- Professor Chris Todd - Professor of Primary Care & Community Health, University of Manchester.
- Jamil Abdulkader - Greater Manchester Older People’s Network.
- Steph Butterworth - Director of Adult Services, Tameside Council, Lead Greater Manchester Enhanced Health at Home.
- Debra Ward & Uzo Anagor - Adult Social Care Programme, Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership.
Register for the event: