Round up of papers, awards and external engagement, Nov 2018 - Jan 2019
Here is a selection of papers, talks and external engagement from the weeks before and since the festive break.
- Ian Mell has been awarded funding from the University of Manchester and University of Toronto research fund on 'Co-producing sustainable cities through Green Infrastructure best practice’, working with Tenley Conway in Toronto
- Erik Swyngedouw has been awarded Honorary Doctorates from Roskilde University in Denmark and from the University of Malmö in Sweden
- Kevin Ward:
- Awarded funding from the University of Manchester and University of Toronto research fund on 'Governing urban infrastructures' with Teresa Enright in Toronto
- Appointed as an International Advisory board member of Brussels Centre for Urban Studies
- Appointed to the expert panel at the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO)
- Jamie Doucette and Bae-Gyoon Park 2019 Developmentalist Cities? Interrogating Urban Developmentalism in East Asia. Leiden: Brill
- Krassi Paskaleva:
- The EU Smart City Triangulum project on smartners, sustainability and cities is available already online at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2018.11.028 Martin, Ch., Evans, J. Karvonen, A., Paskaleva, K. (Corresponding author), Yang, J., and Linjordet, T. (2018).
- Smart-sustainability: A new urban fix? Sustainable Cities and Society (inprint).
- Paskaleva, K. and Cooper, I. (2018). Open innovation evaluation for Internet-enabled services in smart cities, Technovation. Available online July 28.
- Paskaleva K., Cooper I., Concilo G. (2018).Co-producing Smart City Services: Does One Size Fit All?. In: Rodríguez Bolívar M. (Ed.) Smart Technologies for Smart Governments: Transparency, Efficiency and Organizational Issues, Public Administration and Information Technology, vol 24. Springer, Cham pp. 115-145.
- Albena Yaneva's work on Graphene Architecture was featured in Nature in December. The Manchester School of Architecture piece on this can be found here.
- All recent papers from MUI researchers can be found via the University's research portal
- MUI will be celebrating all of 'our' urban book releases from the last 12 months on 7 February. Contact Matthew Harrison for a list of titles.
Recent and upcoming talks, visits and engagement
- Jeremy Carter:
- Visualising climate risk in Europe with the 'European Climate Risk Typology' at COP24, Katowice, December
- Jamie Doucette:
- Jamie Doucette and Bae-Gyoon Park. Soft book launch for Developmentalist Cities? @ East Asian Regional Conference on Alternative Geography. Taegu, Korea Dec 10-13.
- Closing Plenary Discussion: Spatial Justice in East Asia @ East Asian Regional Conference on Alternative Geography. Taegu, Korea Dec 10-13 2018.
- Albena Yaneva:
- Keynote Lecture at the Nordic Research Network for Architectural Anthropology (together with Professor Tim Ingold), Danish Building Research Institute, Aalborg University, November 2018.
- Invited Lecture, University of Edinburgh, 21 November
- Invited lecture, University of Barcelona, 18 December
- President of the Theory of Architecture Jury, University of Barcelona
- Razieh Zandieh:
- Presented on 'Healthy Urban Planning' and on 'The Influence of Macro Built Environment Attributes on Older Adults' Outdoor Walking Levels' at an Elsevier Conference: Urban Transition 2018, 25-27 November 2018.