How to apply
The method of application for Erasmus+ students depends on the level of study with us.
In order to determine how you should apply, you should firstly download our Erasmus Partner Universities document (PDF, 80KB).
Look through the list to find the agreement we have with your home university. If the agreement indicates we have an undergraduate level agreement, you should apply on this page using our online system.
If the agreement indicates we have a postgraduate level agreement, you should contact the School indicated in the document for details of their application process.
You must complete, scan and upload (and in some cases, email) certain supporting documents, including:
- your most recent academic transcript;
- English Language Proficiency Certificate (if applicable);
- fall assessment approval form (if applicable) (PDF document, 50KB).
The above documents can be submitted via the online application system.
There are some additional documents that some Erasmus+ applicants may need to email to us:
- Proposed Study Plan (Word Document, 32KB), please let us know the course units you are interested in studying and email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exchange partner or agent/representative nomination form (PDF document, 50KB). All Erasmus+ students should email this form to email@example.com.
- Erasmus+ medical applicants' confirmation of good standing form (PDF document, 34KB) (Erasmus medical students only). Please email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no need for you to send us hard copies of anything once you have submitted your application online.
Before you apply you must follow your home university’s application procedure to secure the nomination as an Erasmus+ exchange student. Our Erasmus+ code is UK MANCHES01.
Applications for the 2023/24 year will open on Tuesday 4 April 2023.
- September entry – 1 June
- January entry – 1 November
Please note that for January entry you should apply as early as possible, particularly if you wish to study any of our high-demand course units.
Information for medical students
Medical students must also supply an English language proficiency certificate, showing that their English language score is at least IELTS 7.0, or equivalent.
Application deadlines for Erasmus+ medical students are earlier than the standard deadlines.
Please remember to email your Erasmus+ medical applicants' confirmation of good standing form (PDF document, 34KB) to email@example.com.
Applying for accommodation
If you wish to apply for University accommodation for the duration of your study with us, there is a separate online accommodation application procedure that you must complete.
You cannot apply for accommodation until after you have received a formal offer letter from us. Your offer letter will contain details of how to apply for accommodation online.