How to apply
The method of application for Erasmus+ students depends on the level of study to be undertaken with us.
In order to determine how you should apply, you should firstly download our Erasmus Partner Universities document.
- Erasmus Partner Universities document (PDF document, 80KB)
Look through the list to find the agreement we have with your home university. If the agreement indicates we have a UG (undergraduate) level agreement, you should apply on this page using our online system.
If the agreement indicates we have a PG (postgraduate) level agreement, you should contact the person indicated in the document for details of their application process.
Before you enter our online system you should download and print our How to Apply Online guidance notes. We recommend that you work through these notes as you are completing your application.
- How to Apply Online guidance notes (PDF document, 631KB)
As part of the online application you must complete, scan and upload the required supporting documentation.
For Erasmus+ exchange students the required supporting documentation is listed below.
- Most recent academic transcript
- Proposed study plan form (PDF document, 46KB)
- Personal statement (PDF document, 38KB)
- Exchange partner or agent/representative nomination form (PDF document, 50KB)
- Fall assessment approval form (PDF document, 50KB)
- A scanned copy of the ID page of your passport
- Erasmus+ medical applicants' confirmation of good standing form (PDF document, 34KB) (Erasmus medical students only)
- Erasmus+ medical applicants study block details form (Erasmus medical students only)
You will probably find it helpful to have all these documents scanned and ready before you begin your online application. Remember that we cannot fully consider your application until we have received all your supporting documents. There is no need for you to send us hard copies of anything once you have submitted your application online.
Before you apply you must follow your home university’s application procedure to secure nomination as an Erasmus+ exchange student. Our Erasmus+ code is UK MANCHES01.
- Apply online (Following this link will take you to a screen headed 'Postgraduate Applicant Sign On'. Please ignore the heading; this is the correct form to complete).
- September entry – 1 June (extended to 1 July in 2021 to support students requiring additional time due to COVID-19)
- January entry – 1 November
- Erasmus+ medical students – 16 March 2020
Please note that for January entry you should apply as early as possible, particularly if you wish to study any of our high-demand course units.
Information for medical students
In the 'Getting Started' section of our How to Apply Online guidance notes we advise how to select the correct Erasmus+ programme according to your duration/semester of study. Erasmus+ medical students may study for a shorter time than a full semester, however, for the purposes of completing the online application form, you should select the semester option that reflects the standard University of Manchester semester in which the majority of your module/block of study will be taken.
You should also upload:
- Erasmus+ medical applicants confirmation of good standing form (PDF document, 34KB) (use the 'other' category when uploading)
Erasmus medical applicants should also complete the form below:
Medical students must also supply an English language proficiency certificate, showing that their English language score is at least IELTS 7.0 or equivalent.
Application deadlines for Erasmus+ medical students are earlier than the standard deadlines.
Applying for accommodation
If you wish to apply for University accommodation for the duration of your study with us, there is a separate online accommodation application procedure that you must complete. You cannot apply for accommodation until after you have received a formal offer letter from us. Your offer letter will contain details of how to apply for accommodation online.