Self Service Centre login help
Having trouble logging into the The University of Manchester Self Service Centre? Here you can find help with commonly experienced difficulties when logging in.
Please note: The University of Manchester’s default supported operating system is Windows and Internet Explorer. Not all operating systems and browsers are currently supported.
Trouble finding the login page
Visit the Self Service website and click the Applicants link.
The login page is blank
If you experience this error:
- Open Internet Options
- Click the Advanced tab at the top-right of the new window
- Scroll to the bottom and make sure that Use SSL 3.0, Use SSL 2.0 and Use TLS 1.0 are all ticked
- Click OK
- Close any Internet Explorer windows you have open then retry logging in
Alternatively, you might find it useful to clear your browser cache before re-opening the browser. For assistance with this, view our guidance on deleting your browser cache (PDF document, 392KB).
You do not know your login details
Your user ID is the eight-digit number that we quote in our communications with you. If you do not have your user ID, please email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)161 275 4740 with your full name, date of birth and your UCAS, UTT or University of Manchester application number.
You get a message saying 'Your User ID and/or Password are invalid'
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth and your UCAS,UTT or University of Manchester application number.
You get a database language error when you try to log in
To view pages in your preferred language you can add them in Internet Explorer.
- Click Start and then Control Panel
- Click Internet Options
- On the General tab, click Languages
- Click Add
- Select English (United Kingdom) [en-gb] and click OK
- Click on the newly added English (United Kingdom) [en-gb] line and click Move Up until it is the top line