MRes Psychology / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2019
Academic entry qualification overview
We require an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) or overseas equivalent :
- psychology, including competent research methods knowledge and evidence of a research project/dissertation. A degree in which psychology forms a major component may be acceptable.
International students must demonstrate English proficiency through a secure and approved testing system.
We ask for English language proof if you are from non-majority English speaking countries (a list of majority English speaking countries, as defined by the UK Home Office, can be found here ).
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS : minimum 7.0 overall (7.0 in writing)
- TOEFL: 100 internet-based (with 25 in writing)
See further information about requirements for your country .
We may also accept evidence of a confirmed place on a University Pre-sessional English language course , if your current IELTS scores are:
- Minimum 6.5 overall with 6.5 in writing plus enrolment and attendance on the 6-week pre-sessional course (PS6)
- Minimum 6.0 overall with 6.0 in writing plus enrolment and attendance on the 10-week pre-sessional course (PS10)
Please note, we must approve this before you apply for the English course.