MSc Clinical Rheumatology & Musculoskeletal Medicine / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
Academic entry qualification overview
You must be either;
- medically qualified with a relevant undergraduate medical degree, and have at least two to three years of general internal medical experience post-internship or;
- an allied health professional working at a Band 6 or above, and have a special interest in musculoskeletal medicine (eg specialist nurse, physiotherapists, podiatry, occupational therapists).
Although previous rheumatology experience is desirable, it is not essential.
We ask for English language proof if you are from non-majority English speaking countries (a list of majority English speaking countries, as defined by the UK Home Office, can be found here ).
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS: 6.5 overall with 6.0 or above in each component
- TOEFL: 90 internet-based with 20 or above in each component
See further information about requirements for your country .
We may also accept evidence of a confirmed place on a University Pre-sessional English language course , if your current IELTS scores are:
- Minimum 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each component plus enrolment and attendance on the 6-week pre-sessional course (PS6)
- Minimum 6.0 overall with 5.5 in writing and 5.0 in the remaining components or 5.5 overall with 5.5 in each component plus enrolment and attendance on the 10-week pre-sessional course (PS10)
Please note, we must approve this before you apply for the English course.
English language test validity
Other international entry requirements
As this course is only offered part time, we can only accept international applicants who will be able to support their own visas. Student visas cannot be issued for part-time courses.