PGCE Secondary Mathematics / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
Academic entry qualification overview
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree or above in mathematics or some other subjects with a 50% mathematics component (such as some engineering or physics).
- Applicants who do not have a substantial amount (50% minimum) of mathematics in their degree may be eligible for a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course provided they have either an A level in mathematics at grade B or above, or a grade C and you can demonstrate sustained academic progression or relevant professional experience since A-level.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
In addition to a grade C at GCSE in English Language, applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0, or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other sub-sections, or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 62 with a minimum score of 62 in writing and 55 in the other sub-sections, or
- Cambridge CAE grade A or Cambridge CPE grade C (please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable).
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years.
Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.