PGCE Secondary Spanish / Overview
Year of entry: 2020
- GTTR code
- Degree awarded
- 10 months
- Entry requirements
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree. If you are not a native Spanish speaker, 50% or more of your degree content should have focused on Spanish. If you are unsure, please contact us to discuss your qualifications.
- A-level (or equivalent) in either French, German or Spanish.
- You should also be able to speak a second language (German or French), beginners' level will suffice. Subject knowledge enhancement courses are available.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
- How to apply
Please note, if you meet our minimum entry requirements but due to the high demand for the programme we are unable to make you an offer immediately, you may be placed on a waiting list. Candidates on a waiting list will receive an offer only if places become available.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Become an outstanding secondary school Spanish teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Study courses rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted (Ofsted Report, 2019).
- Enjoy extensive periods of classroom experience supported by outstanding tutors and mentors.
We hold regular open days, where you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and find out more about our facilities and courses.
On this day, you will find out more about our resources, and meet academic and admissions staff who will be able to answer any questions you have.
We also attend the Department for Education's Train to Teach roadshows in Manchester and its surrounding region.
For more information, see Open days
To be announced.
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
For general fees information, please visit postgraduate fees
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
There are three types of Government funding available for teacher training:
- tax-free bursary or scholarship;
- tuition fee loan and maintenance loan;
- extra financial support if you're a parent, or have an adult dependant or a disability.
Depending on your circumstances you could receive all three. Find out more at the Department for Education website .You can find out more about the scholarships and bursaries we have available on our funding page .
- School of Environment, Education and Development
- Contact name
- Recruitment and Admissions Team
- +44 (0)161 275 0969
See: The School .
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.