MSc History of Science, Technology and Medicine / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
You should apply for this course via our online application form . See the Application and selection section for details of the supporting documents that we require with your form.
Advice to applicants
We require the following documents before we can consider your application.
- Official transcript of your studies to date. As far as possible, this should include details of grades achieved for individual modules or courses. If the transcript is generated in a language other than English, you should also include a translation.
- One academic reference on letter headed paper. These can be scanned and uploaded when you apply, or emailed separately by the referees to email@example.com . We do not request references on your behalf and it is your responsibility to ensure your referees know how to provide your reference to us.
- Degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
- Personal statement of one to two pages, explaining your background and interest in the course.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your career and/or study history.
- If English is not your first language, we require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
Applicants may be interviewed as part of the selection process. We may ask to see a sample of written work, in a relevant area, as a basis for interview discussion. Interviews will be held face to face if possible. Otherwise, and normally for applicants based outside the UK, we will interview by Skype.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course, the Admissions Team will contact you at the appropriate time.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.