MRes Cardiovascular Health and Disease / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Advice to applicants
Your application form must include the following documents.
- Two academic references. Professional references can be provided in instances where you have been out of university for more than three years. We do not contact referees directly .
- Official degree certificates (with translations if not in English) if you have already graduated.
- Official university transcripts (with translations if not in English).
- A personal statement. This should no longer than a page in length.
- Full curriculum vitae.
- A scanned copy of your passport if you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
- If English is not your first language, we require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
Supporting documents can be uploaded with the online application form or, if this is not possible, sent directly to email@example.com . We are unable to consider your application until we have received all of the documents listed above.
You must include your University ID number on any correspondence and do not send any documents before you have submitted your application.
How your application is considered
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course, the Admissions Team will contact you at the appropriate time.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.
Further information about visas
Guidance for Tier 4 sponsors, migrants and short-term students on temporary concessions in response to the outbreak of coronavirus:
General information about what you need to do before you can apply for a general student visa, and what to do when you arrive in the UK:
Deferrals are considered on an individual basis. Successful applicants may defer entry to the course for up to one year.
If you applied in the previous year and your application was not successful you may apply again.
Your application will be considered against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry. In your new application you should demonstrate how your application has improved. We may draw upon all information from your previous applications or any previous registrations at the University as a student when assessing your suitability for your chosen course.