MRes Cardiovascular Health and Disease / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2019
Academic entry qualification overview
We require an honours degree (at least an Upper Second) or international equivalent in:
- an appropriate biological
- or medical subject
We will consider candidates with a Lower Second in exceptional circumstances.
Intercalating students on the Manchester MBChB must have had satisfactory achievement in Years 1 to 3 or 4. For St Andrews students, this includes your three-year course plus the following one or two years spent in Manchester.
We also accept intercalating medical students from other UK universities, including home medical and international medical graduates who can demonstrate relevant experience and commitment to biomedical research.
We do not require applicants to have already developed their own research proposals. This course is suitable for those with little or no previous research experience.
International students must demonstrate English proficiency through a secure and approved testing system.
We ask for English language proof if you are from non-majority English speaking countries (a list of majority English speaking countries, as defined by the UK Home Office, can be found here ).
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS : 6.5 in all components (listening, reading, writing and speaking)
- TOEFL: 90 internet-based (with no less than 22 in each component)
See further information about requirements for your country .
We may also accept evidence of a confirmed place on a University Pre-sessional English language course , if your current IELTS scores are:
- Minimum 6.0 overall with 6.0 in writing plus enrolment and attendance on the 6-week pre-sessional course (PS6)
- Minimum 5.5 overall with 5.5 in writing plus enrolment and attendance on the 10-week pre-sessional course (PS10)
Please note, we must approve this before you apply for the English course.