MSc Pharmaceutical Industrial Advanced Training (PIAT) / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
Academic entry qualification overview
To study for the PGDip or MSc, we require a degree-level scientific qualification.
If you do not already have the required qualifications to study for the PGDip, you can join the course when you have proved your ability by earning four unit credits.
The pharmaceutical industry pathway has some units that require advanced level knowledge of physical and organic chemistry, biology and mathematics. All units require some work and experience within the industry.
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS : minimum 6.5 overall with 6.0 in writing
- TOEFL: 90 internet-based (with 22 in each component)
In certain situations regarding international students, we may require you to take the IELTS or TOEFL as further evidence.
See further information about requirements for your country .
English language test validity
Other entry requirements
You will require regular access to a modern personal computer (Windows or Mac) with a stable internet connection.
You must also have the ability to:
- navigate the Blackboard learning management system to locate teaching and learning materials and to access and submit assessments (with initial basic training);
- work efficiently with Word or alternative word processing software;
- use the internet to search websites;
- navigate e-learning programmes and complete recommended short training courses such as about academic malpractice;
- download PDF learning materials.