MSc Pharmaceutical Industry Advanced Training (PIAT) / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
To study for the PGDip or MSc, we require a degree-level scientific qualification.
If you do not already have the required qualifications to study for the PGDip or MSc, you can join the course on a CPD basis in Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences and later transfer to a PGDip or MSc by default in Industrial Pharmacy once you have proved your ability by successfully completing four unit credits.
For the PGDip or MSc, if a majority of units (e.g. 5 or more) is completed in another pathway, you can choose to exit with your award in the name of that pathway. Units are subject to availability.
Some of the Industrial Pharmacy units require advanced level knowledge of physical and organic chemistry, biology and mathematics. All units require some work and experience within the industry.
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS : minimum 6.5 overall with 6.0 in writing
- TOEFL: 90 internet-based (with 22 in each component)
In certain situations regarding international students, we may require you to take the IELTS or TOEFL as further evidence.
See further information about requirements for your country .
English language test validity
Other entry requirements
You will require regular access to a modern personal computer (Windows or Mac) with a stable internet connection.
You must also have the ability to:
- navigate the Blackboard learning management system to locate teaching and learning materials and to access and submit assessments (with initial basic training);
- work efficiently with Word or alternative word processing software;
- use the internet to search websites and access the University library;
- navigate e-learning programmes and complete short training courses such as a mandatory course about academic malpractice;
- download PDF or work through online learning materials.