PGCert Medical Education / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- PGCert (or PGDip/MSc with AP(E)L)
- PGCert - 1 yr PT
- Entry requirements
We require you to hold either a primary medical qualification or an Upper Second class degree or overseas equivalent in a subject relevant to medical education, eg:
- physician associate studies.
In some cases it may be appropriate to admit experienced educators who hold other relevant qualifications or who have substantial relevant professional experience. This is at the discretion of the Programme Director.
- How to apply
You should apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Develop your skills as a medical educator
- Learn new teaching methods and enhance your teaching practice and gain the skills required to design curricula, plan and implement novel teaching.
- Have the opportunity to gain international recognition for your teaching as a Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy) through our innovative `LEAP' pathway.
- Exchange ideas and best practice with other healthcare professionals working in a range of areas thanks to our unique multidisciplinary learning environment.
- Explore the challenges of and differences within teaching and assessment across all disciplines, supporting your continuing professional development.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £3,800
International students (per annum): £3,900
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
The University permits applicants with comparable previous experience to submit an application for consideration of Accreditation Prior (Experiential) Learning AP(E)L. The maximum AP(E)L is 15 credits to a PGCert, 45 credits to a PGDip and 60 credits to an MSc.
If your AP(E)L application is successful, the University charges £30 for every 15 credits of AP(E)L. The overall tuition fee is adjusted and the administrative charge is applied.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.