MSc International Fashion Marketing / Course details
Year of entry: 2020
Course unit details:
International Fashion Retailing
|Unit level||FHEQ level 7 – master's degree or fourth year of an integrated master's degree|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 2|
|Offered by||School of Materials|
|Available as a free choice unit?||No|
- Market Entry Methods
This programme unit aims to provide an understanding of international retailing strategies, using research and evidence from international fashion retailers. The unit aims to provide an understanding of the key issues facing fashion retailers, including market entry methods, market selection and future drivers of international growth.
A greater depth of the learning outcomes will be covered in the following sections:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Intellectual skills
- Practical skills
- Transferable skills and personal qualities
Teaching and learning methods
Lectures, seminars, presentations and workshops.
All material available on blackboard including, lecture notes, assessment, reading lists and additional material.
Knowledge and understanding
- identify, and demonstrate understanding of the motivations of international fashion retailers
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range international fashion retail expansion methods and motivations
- demonstrate knowledge of e-marketing processes and techniques
- demonstrate understanding and knowledge of luxury branding process
- appreciate the theoretical underpinning of international fashion retailing;
- demonstrate skills necessary to interpret, analyse and draw conclusions from journal articles being appreciative of the many factors which can have an influence on retail strategies and processes
- write a cogent literature review with analysis in the coursework
- write a cogent literature review with analysis in the written examination.
- Develop presentation skills
Transferable skills and personal qualities
- solve problems;
- demonstrate strategic analytical skills
|Written assignment (inc essay)||30%|
Coursework - 15 days after deadline, feedback via blackboard and in workshops
Exams - As per University Regulations
Full list on blackboard.
|Independent study hours|
|Delia Vazquez||Unit coordinator|