PGCert Postgraduate Certificate Approved Mental Health Professional Practice / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- Postgraduate Certificate
- PT 12 or 24 months
- Entry requirements
We require an undergraduate degree (minimum Lower Second) or equivalent alternative qualifications or experience.
- How to apply
You can only apply for this course if you have been nominated by your employer.
Please apply using thevia our online application form, following all instructions. If you have any problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We recommend you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- This is the only certificate that allows students to gain Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) status and be approved by local authorities.
- Learn about the integration of mental health issues, psychiatry and mental health law in multidisciplinary teams from a social perspective.
- Study at a university ranked in the top 10 for medicine and psychology (QS World University Rankings 2018).
- The PGCert is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £3,800 (4 units at £950 each; Unit 5 £950 optional)
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an alumni bursary of a 10% reduction towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught master's programmes in 2019.
The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- have graduated since 2013;
- hold a first class or 2:1 honours degree;
- have home or overseas fee status;
- are applying for full- or part-time study;
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support.
The bursary will be applied as a fee reduction automatically for those students and alumni who meet the alumni bursary criteria so there is no application process.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.